A Jumbo Loan is any mortgage exceeding the conforming loan limit. The limit can be as low as $510,400 or as high as $765,600 in some counties. Typically a minimum credit score of 700 is required. Jumbo loans typically have slightly higher rates than conventional loans. Additionally, are not eligible to be sold on the Secondary Market to Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac. Jumbo loans are considered Qualifying Mortgages.
Reasons to choose Jumbo
- Credit score of at least 660, typically 700+.
- Ample cash reserves.
- Documentation for proof of financial health.
- A home appraisal can be required.
- Varying debt to income requirements.
- Access to significant funds providing the opportunity to purchase high quality properties.
- Fixed and adjustable rate availability.
- Down payments can be as low as 5%, with 10% a more common figure.
- A variety of different loan programs to choose from.
- No need for multiple loans.
*Current maximum conforming loan limits are not displayed in this video. Current limits: $510,400 in Salt Lake County and $765,600 in Summit County/Park City
Jumbo LOANS PROS & CONS
Different rate programs offer flexibility to structure the loan in a way that suits you.
Variety of property types
Available for primary residences, vacation homes and investment properties.
Competitive interest rates
Competitive rates open up a variety of options tailored to meet your needs.
Strict requirements for qualifying
High credit scores, cash reserves, and proof of financial health are all required to qualify.
Requires at least 6 months of mortgage payments in an asset account.
Not guaranteed by the Federal Housing Administration of the Department of Veteran Affairs.